Pakistan will face South Africa in a must-win Super 12 match in Sydney at the T20 World Cup on Thursday. The maximum number of points Babar and his side can now reach is six. They need one of India and South Africa to drop points in their final games.
A loss for either side - or a no result for South Africa - would then give Pakistan the opportunity to snatch a top-two spot with a win over Bangladesh.
Pakistan could overtake India on net run rate or finish higher than South Africa - courtesy of having more wins - should rain interfere and cause the Proteas match against the Netherlands to be abandoned.
Played: 3, Points: 2, NRR: 0.765
Played: 3, Points: 5, NRR: 2.772
Remaining Group 2 Fixtures
Sunday 06 November: South Africa v Netherlands, Adelaide Oval
Sunday 06 November: Pakistan v Bangladesh, Adelaide Oval
Sunday 06 November: Zimbabwe v India, MCG, Melbourne
- From Satwik-Chirag’s highs to Sindhu’s lows, Asian Games 2023 a test for India’s badminton faithful
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup venues confirmed: Dallas, Florida and New York get the nod
- Mohammed Siraj back at No.1 in ICC Men’s ODI bowling rankings
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score and Updates, September 20: Indians in action in rowing, pentathlon; Volleyball men’s team faces South Korea
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final