Australia all-rounder Heather Graham has been approved by ICC as the replacement for Ashleigh Gardner who was ruled out of its opening fixture after testing positive for COVID-19.
The 24-year-old missed Saturday's game against defending champion England and will also be out of a meeting with Pakistan on Tuesday after being forced to isolate for 10 days, in line with New Zealand health protocols.
Gardner is due to be released from isolation on March 13, when the Australians are scheduled to meet the host in its third group game.
Heather, who will be a temporary replacement, has played a solitary ODI for Australia against Sri Lanka in Brisbane in October 2019.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m
- Haddad Maia beats Sorribes Tormo in third-longest women’s match at French Open
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder emerges as Guardiola’s man for big moments