Velocity qualified for the final of the Women's T20 Challenge 2022 at the MCA Stadium in Pune on Thursday.
In a virtual knockout contest, Velocity qualified for the final after overhauling the Trailblazers' NRR quotient after crossing 158 in a mammoth 191-run chase - the highest in the tournament's history. Velocity, however, failed to win the match after falling short of the target by 16 runs.
Velocity, which beat Supernovas in its first match required a win or had to settle for a marginal defeat to avoid elimination. On the other hand, the Trailblazers which lost its first match, required a win of 32 runs or more to pip Deepti Sharma's side to the final.
Velocity and Trailblazers will square off in the final on May 28 at the MCA Stadium.
- Ranji Trophy 2024 semifinals Live Score Updates: Shardul removes Vijay to leave Tamil Nadu seven down
- NBA roundup: Celtics routs Mavs in 10th straight win
- Indian trio draws on a dull day in Prague Masters Chess tournament
- F1 Bahrain Grand Prix 2024: Preview, starting grid, live streaming info
- San Diego Open 2024: Top seed Jessica Pegula reaches semifinals