India leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal has made an impressive start to his County Championship stint with Kent, claiming three wickets against Nottinghamshire in a Division One fixture.
The 33-year-old returned 20-6-52-3 on Day Two of the four-day contest, here on Monday.
Chahal dismissed Nottinghamshire batters Matthew Montgomery, Lyndon James and Calvin Harrison to help his side reduce its opponents to 219 for eight in reply to Kent’s total of 446.
For his first wicket, Chahal cleaned up James with a superb leg break delivery which knocked down the batter’s off-stump.
The leg-spinner signed up with Kent for three County matches, at home against Nottinghamshire and Lancashire and for an away fixture against Somerset.
Earlier this season, Kent had signed up India pacer Arshdeep Singh who played five matches and took 13 wickets.
Chahal has been a regular member of the Indian T20 side but has not played ODI cricket since January this year. His last assignment with the Indian team was in the five-match T20I series against the West Indies.
He was recently left out of both Asia Cup 2023 and World Cup squads.
- Nadal to play at Australian Open, says tournament director Tiley
- IND vs AFG: Virat Kohli, KL Rahul opt out of net session ahead of India’s World Cup encounter against Afghanistan
- LIV Golf loses bid to earn world ranking points in unanimous decision
- India vs Afghanistan LIVE Streaming info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch IND vs AFG match today?
- India vs Afghanistan head-to-head record in ODIs: IND vs AFG overall stats, most runs, wickets