Indian national football coach Stephen Constantine has announced a list of 34 players for the preparatory camp ahead of the AFC Asian Cup 2019 to be held in the UAE.
The notable call-ups include 21-year-old midfielder Sahal Abdul Samad, who has impressed for Kerala Blasters in the Indian Super League, and 18-year-old Komal Thatal (ATK).
East Bengal defender Salam Ranjan Singh is the only player from the I-League to receive a call-up.
Constantine has chosen to leave out the likes of Soosairaj Michael (Jamshedpur FC), Rahul Bheke (Bengaluru FC) and Jobby Justin (East Bengal), despite the trio putting up a string of strong performances this season.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final India vs Australia LIVE Score: Rohit’s IND Playing XI in focus at Oval; Toss, Weather updates, Dream11 prediction
- WTC Final 2023: Oval pitch report; India, Australia playing record; key stats
- Moeen Ali to join England squad for Ashes, confirms ECB
- India vs Netherlands, FIH Pro League 2022-23, June 7: Preview, head-to-head, live streaming info
- WTC final 2023: Kishan or Bharat as India wicketkeeper? Farokh Engineer weighs in