Barcelona forward Ansu Fati will return to the squad for Sunday's LaLiga game at home with Mallorca, after being out for more than three months due to a hamstring injury, head coach Xavi Hernandez said.
Fati has not played for Barcelona since coming on as a substitute in their Copa del Rey quarter-final defeat at Athletic Bilbao on Jan. 20, his tenth appearance this season.
"We are going to get the squad list tomorrow (Sunday) but Ansu is going to be in it. We have seen great things with him, he is feeling well and got a good sensation," Xavi said.
"Over the last two weeks, we have seen great improvement. If everything goes well, he is going to play some minutes. He's happy, he's smiling, and he's a player who can make a difference.
"It's a shame we haven't been able to use him all these months ... I'm happy to have him back. He's a special player and he's going to be good for us in these final five games."
The 19-year-old Fati, who came through the youth system at the Catalan club, has also had to fight his way back from multiple surgeries to repair a November 2020 injury to his left knee.
Barcelona are already without Pedri (thigh), Nico Gonzalez (toe fracture), Ousmane Dembele (tonsillitis), Sergino Dest (hamstring), Sergi Roberto (muscle), Samuel Umtiti (foot) and Martin Braithwaite (COVID-19) for Sunday's game.
With the league title already sealed by Real Madrid, Barcelona is looking to finish second and secure Champions League qualification. It is currently third on 63 points, one point behind second-placed Sevilla which has played a game more.
- Aiming for more at Asian Games: IOA at crossroads to send more teams from India to Hangzhou 2022
- IND vs WI, 2nd Test: India wins series 1-0 after match drawn due to rain
- What Google Won’t Tell You podcast: Murali Sreeshankar on long jump, basketball, speed cubing and sacrificing his beloved parotta
- IND vs WI 2nd Test Highlights, Day 5: Rain plays spoilsport, match ends in draw; India wins series 1-0
- Bundesliga: Austria midfielder Sabitzer swaps Bayern for Dortmund