Bayern Munich will start its title defense at Werder Bremen in the opening game of the new Bundesliga season, continuing one of Germany’s longest-running rivalries, after the schedule was announced on Friday.
The game on August 18 will be the 113th time that Bayern and Bremen have met in the Bundesliga, the most frequent fixture between two clubs since the league began in 1963. Before that, Bayern hosts German Cup winner Leipzig in the Super Cup on August 12.
Borussia Dortmund, which lost out to Bayern on goal difference for the title last season, starts its new campaign at home to Cologne on either August 19 or 20.
The first “Klassiker” of the season between Bayern and Dortmund will be played at Dortmund’s stadium on either November 3, 4 or 5, according to the schedule. The second “Klassiker” in Munich is listed for either March 30 or 31.
Newly promoted Heidenheim’s first-ever top-division game will be at Wolfsburg on Aug. 19 or 20. The other promoted team, Darmstadt, visits its local rival Eintracht Frankfurt the same weekend.
- ENG vs NED Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: England vs Netherlands predicted XI, squads, fantasy tips
- Al Duhail vs Al Nassr Highlights: Talisca hat-trick secures 3-2 win without Cristiano Ronaldo in AFC Champions League
- No Cristiano Ronaldo, no problem: Talisca hat-trick secure wins for Al Nassr in AFC Champions League
- Barcelona stunned by Shakhtar in Champions League as Sikan nets winner
- Fullkrug, Brandt steer Dortmund to back-to-back wins over Newcastle in Champions League