Jadon Sancho broke an English and a Bundesliga record on Sunday, as the Borussia Dortmund winger scored a hat-trick in a 6-1 rout of Paderborn.
Sancho, who revealed a "justice for George Floyd" t-shirt after scoring his first goal in the 57th minute, put Dortmund 2-0 up following Thorgan Hazard's opener.
It took the youngster onto 15 goals for the season, making him the first English player to register at least 15 goals and assists in a single season in one of Europe's top five leagues since the 1994-95 Premier League campaign, when Matt Le Tissier did so for Southampton.
The winger also became the first player to achieve the feat in a Bundesliga campaign, since the start of detailed data collecting in 2004-05.
Sancho was not done there, however, and drilled in a second in the 74th minute before rounding off the win - and his hat-trick - in stoppage time.
Dortmund's victory moves it onto 60 points, four clear of Borussia Monchengladbach and Bayer Leverkusen, though seven adrift of Bundesliga leader Bayern Munich.
- Shaji Prabhakaran: AIFF’s decision to terminate me comes as a shock
- England vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 89/1 (13.3); Malan, Root rebuild after Bairstow falls; ENG vs NED updates
- Shaji Prabhakaran sacked as AIFF Secretary General
- Shubman Gill overtakes Babar Azam to become No 1 ODI batter; Siraj claims top bowling spot
- ISL Diary: Chennai in carnival mode