RB Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick has insisted star man Emil Forsberg will not be sold in January as they try to chase down Bayern Munich.
Playing in the Bundesliga for the first time, Leipzig has enjoyed an outstanding first half of the season and trails champion Bayern by just three points at the top of the table.
Forsberg has been key to its fine form, scoring five goals in 15 league appearances and reportedly attracted the attention of Liverpool.
Rangnick, though, is determined to keep the Sweden international in Leipzig - until the end of the season at the very least.
"I can promise you that Emil will be here until [the end of the season] in any case," he said at the club's training camp in Portugal. "And hopefully for a long period after that, too."
Leipzig returns to Bundesliga action at home to Eintracht Frankfurt on January 21.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 1: ENG 114/5; Akash Deep, spinners put IND in control
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal updates: Bhargav Bhatt picks 3 vs Mumbai ; Ajith Ram removes Pujara for 2
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin becomes first Indian bowler to pick 100 wickets against England
- WPL 2024: Spin twins Sophie Ecclestone, Deepti Sharma raring to go in UP Warriorz’ title bid
- Mumbai Indians WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures