Timo Werner became the first Bundesliga player to score two hat-tricks against the same opponent in a single season in 21 years with his treble against Mainz on Sunday.
RB Leipzig star Werner, who has been heavily linked with a move to Liverpool, hit three in an 8-0 win over Mainz in November and repeated the trick in a 5-0 success at Opel Arena this weekend.
The last player to register hat-tricks in two games against one opponent in the same Bundesliga season was Bayer Leverkusen's Ulf Kirsten against Borussia Monchengladbach in 1998-99.
Germany international Werner's tally for the 2019-20 Bundesliga campaign now stands at 24 – the best single-season return of his career.
- NBA: Stephen Curry scores 37 as Warriors beat 76ers 119-107
- Premier League: Emery wants Villa to gain perspective after Newcastle end unbeaten home run
- PSG, Ajax and Hacken squeeze into women’s Champions League last eight
- LIV players returning to PGA Tour should not be punished, says McIlroy
- Dominic Thiem sees 2024 as ‘last chance’ to climb the rankings