Hakan Calhanoglu could miss Inter Milan’s Champions League quarterfinal with Benfica next month after the Serie A club said on Thursday the Turkey midfielder had suffered a thigh injury.
In a statement, Inter said tests near Milan revealed Calhanoglu had pulled a muscle in his right thigh and that “his condition would be reassessed in the coming days”.
Calhanoglu was substituted in the first half of Turkey’s 2-0 Euro 2024 qualifying defeat to Croatia on Tuesday.
Inter, which sits third in Serie A, did not say for how long the 29-year-old would be out of action but Italian media report that he will be sidelined for a month.
It would rule him out of a key period for his club.
It faces Benfica over two legs, on April 11 and eight days later, after taking on fierce rival Juventus in the Italian Cup last four.
Inter is also in a battle to stay in Serie A’s Champions League positions.
Calhanoglu has played 35 times for Inter in all competitions, scoring three goals.
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Who are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: AUS - 59/3 (8); Bishnoi dismisses Hardie and Head
- PKL LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs Bengaluru Bulls: Bulls leads early against Giants; Ajinkya Pawar one-man show leads Thalaivas to 42-31 win over Delhi; Pro Kabaddi League 2023 updates
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3: Abhinav Choudhary wins rapid fire pistol gold at National Championships
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC, LIVE Score, FCG 1-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: Gaurs leads through Rowllin Borges’ strike, SECOND HALF