Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has been left out of its 24-man Champions League squad for Friday's last-16 tie at Manchester City, casting doubt on his future at the club.
Bale, 31, last played for Real in June when it beat Mallorca 2-0 and did not feature in its final seven league matches as it pipped Barcelona to the La Liga title while he watched on from the bench.
Bale, who has scored over 100 goals for the Spanish side since his record-breaking move in 2013, has endured his worst season at the club with only three goals in all competitions.
The Welshman has a contract until 2022 and was set to make a lucrative move to the Chinese Super League last year before the transfer was scuttled when Real made a last-minute decision to insist on a transfer fee rather than terminate his contract.
Bale has since divided opinion among the club's fanbase with some supporters frustrated by a perceived lack of commitment from the Welshman.
His poor injury record has not helped his cause while his agent says he will not leave the club despite falling down the pecking order in Zidane's team.
Midfielder James Rodriguez has not been called up either by Zidane while forward Mariano Diaz will miss the trip after he tested positive for COVID-19 last week.
Real skipper Sergio Ramos is ineligible after he was sent off in the 2-1 loss in the first leg at the Santiago Bernabeu but the club confirmed the defender would still travel with the squad.
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup