Two-time ISL champion Chennaiyin FC has confirmed the departure of Francisco Fernandes from the club. The 33-year-old Goan midfielder bids adieu to CFC, having won the Indian Super League title with the team in the 2017-18 season.
Francisco had played 37 times in all competitions for Chennaiyin over the last two seasons. He was a versatile presence across midfield given his ability to fit seamlessly into any role. The former India international brought bags of experience to the table, and was a worthy option for head coach John Gregory to have at his disposal.
"Francis is a terrific professional and I have to admit that he's always been one of my favourites! He was an absolute delight to work with over the two seasons he spent with us," said Gregory in a heartfelt parting message to Francis.
"Frankie, as I like to call him, was integral to our title triumph and his experience was extremely valuable to us both on and off the pitch, with the younger players especially learning a lot from him. We wish him and his family the very best for the future," concluded the Chennaiyin FC gaffer.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- Tamil Thalaivas match fixtures, squad analysis, all you need to know
- BAN vs NZ, 1st Test: Bangladesh registers first home win against New Zealand
- IND vs AUS: Axar Patel “was upset” on missing out on ODI World Cup due to injury
- WPL 2024 Auction: Full list of 165 players available for Women’s Premier League auction
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronaldo’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League