Wojciech Szczesny was forced to exit Juventus’ Europa League quarter-final clash with Sporting Lisbon on Thursday after suffering chest pain during the match.
Poland international Szczesny was substituted by Mattia Perin late in the first half of the first leg at the Allianz Stadium after on-pitch checks by Juve’s medical staff.
Sky Sport in Italy reported that Szczesny, who left the pitch in tears, had trouble breathing and heart palpitations.
“It was fear, it was something that had never happened to me before. I was struggling to breathe so I was worried and scared,” said Szczesny after the game.
The Italian club said early tests showed no serious health problems for the former Arsenal goalkeeper.
- MotoGP: First batch of bikes, equipment cargo shipment lands in India
- PAK vs SL LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Rizwan takes Pakistan to 252/7 in 42 overs vs Sri Lanka
- How can the Indian football team line-up in Asian Games with just three defenders in the squad?
- Maguire’s mum comes to England defender’s aid after terrace jibes
- Aberg upstages McIlroy and Hovland at BMW PGA Championship by shooting 4-under 68 in first round