Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar is preparing for a return, saying he was training even harder than he would at the Ligue 1 club.
While PSG was crowned Ligue 1 champion as the season was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic, it is also in the Champions League quarterfinals and Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue deciders.
Neymar, 28, has been at home in Brazil for two months amid the COVID-19 crisis, which has killed more than 308,000 people worldwide.
But the Brazil international is working hard, guided by his physical trainer, Ricardo Rosa.
"I'm here, training hard, on the same rhythm and frequency that I would in the club. Training even harder actually, with more activities to compensate for the lack of games," Neymar said, via his website.
"The intention is to be ready for when they signal the return of club activities, so I can be in the best possible condition.
"Of course that I miss the competition, but Rica made a planning that I have been following on the line."
Neymar has scored 18 goals in 22 games for PSG this season, but has been linked with a return to Barcelona.
- Former champion Wozniacki handed Australian Open wildcard
- IPL auction 2024: Full list of squads, players after retention day
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out obstructing the field in second Test against New Zealand
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup