Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo skipped training with his Italian club Juventus on Tuesday to dash to the Madeira home of his mother, victim of a stroke, local press reported.
“All we can say is that he's not at training for personal reasons,” Juventus told AFP , without giving further details.
According to the Diario de Noticias da Madeira , Ronaldo was expected to make a whistlestop return to Funchal, capital of the Portuguese island lying in the Atlantic, arriving Tuesday afternoon but departing Wednesday in good enough time to be available for the Italian Cup semifinal between Juve and AC Milan.
Ronaldo's mother Dolores Aveiro suffered the stroke early Tuesday. The 65-year-old is now reportedly conscious and in a stable condition in a Funchal hospital.
- WTC 2023-25 Points Table Update: India moves to second spot in standings after record win vs England in 3rd Test
- World Team Table Tennis Championship: Indian women pip Hungary 3-2
- Argentina Open : Alcaraz admits far from best in Buenos Aires semifinals exit
- IND vs ENG, 3rd Test: India registers its biggest win in Tests
- Ranji Trophy Highlights, Round 7 Day 3 updates: Vyshak, Sharath score 100 for Karnataka; Bengal, HP register innings wins