Former Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater has retired as a professional footballer at age 33.
Drinkwater started his professional career at hometown club Manchester United in 2009 but never played for them, instead serving loan spells at Cardiff City, Watford and Barnsley.
ALSO READ | Ajax appoints John van’t Schip as new manager
His longest club spell was at Leicester, where he helped it win the Championship in 2013-14 and the Premier League in 2015-16. He also made three appearances for England shortly afterwards.
Drinkwater joined Chelsea in 2017, subsequently serving loan spells at Burnley, Aston Villa, Kasimpasa and Reading. He became a free agent when his contract with Chelsea ended in June 2022.
- Medvedev begins Dubai title defense with win in first match since losing Australian Open final
- WPL 2024: Smriti, Renuka star; RCB Women beat Gujarat by eight wickets
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Vidarbha seals spot in semis after hara-kiri by Karnataka batters
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Sportstar Sports Conclave — Focus Punjab: Day-long enriching sessions in store