Diego Maradona began self-isolating Tuesday after a person he works closely with showed symptoms of COVID-19, state news agency Telam reported.
Maradona, the coach of the Gimnasia y Esgrima team in Argentina’s top division, was self-isolating at home, according to Telam. He will remain in quarantine until test results are known. The person with symptoms was not identified. The football great turns 60 on Friday.
River Plate coach Marcelo Gallardo was also in quarantine at home, the club said on Twitter. On Saturday, he was in contact with a person who later tested positive for COVID-19, according to local media.
The Argentinian championship will restart this week. It was interrupted in March due to the pandemic.
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Iyer, Dube out of Mumbai’s squad for quaterfinal against Baroda
- Indian sports wrap, February 20
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma blessed with baby boy
- NEROCA, TRAU request AIFF to shift I-League away matches against Aizawl to neutral venue due to Manipur conflict
- Pro Kabaddi League HIGHLIGHTS, PKL 10 updates: Pawan Sehrawat Super 10 allows Telugu Titans to tie 45-45 vs U Mumba