Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund said on Tuesday it had cancelled plans to tour Asia this summer because of concern over the coronavirus.
“We are very sorry because we know how much the people over there were hoping we would come over to them,” said club managing director Carsten Cramer, quoted on the website of the Sport Bild magazine .
The club, third in the Bundesliga table, had not disclosed the destinations of its planned Asian tour this year.
The club, based in the Land region of Germany, is close to one of the main nests of coronavirus infections in the country, said it was looking at other options for a summer tour.
Cramer said that the new tour destination would be chosen so that “it would be 100% risk free for the participants”.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 230/2; Smith, Labuschagne at crease after Kuldeep removes Marsh on 96
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Moves on 5th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals