India internationals Anirudh Thapa, Rahim Ali and Narayan Das were a part of the Chennaiyin FC squad announced on Tuesday for the 2022 Durand Cup.
Part of Group C, Chennaiyin FC will start their campaign against Army Red FT on August 20 in Imphal. Other teams in the group are Hyderabad FC, TRAU FC and NEROCA.
Among the new signings playing the tournament include Vincy Barretto, Ajith Kumar and Jiteshwor Singh. Youth players Senthamizh, Md. Aqib and Chris White have also been included in the squad.
The Chennai-based club was not a part of the tournament in 2021 with the five slots being taken by Bengaluru FC, Goa FC, Hyderabad FC, Jamshedpur FC and Kerala Blasters.
Chennaiyin FC Squad
- Djokovic: 'I take responsibility' for Serbia defeat
- IPL 2024 Retention Day Live Updates: Full list of retained, released, traded players; KL Rahul stays at LSG; will Hardik Pandya return to Mumbai Indians?
- China Masters 2023 final LIVE Score: Satwik-Chirag wins second game 21-18 to take match in final game vs World no. 1 Liang-Chang
- La Liga: Griezmann to the rescue as Atletico grab win against Mallorca
- Which players can make it to the India squad for AFC Asian Cup 2023?