Eintracht Frankfurt will wear a special edition football jersey with a “Black Lives Matter” message when it plays Bayern Munich in the German Cup semifinals on Wednesday.
The shirts are white and black and bear the 'blacklivesmatter' hashtag. Eintracht said it was “sending a clear signal against racism and xenophobia.”
People in the United States, Europe and elsewhere have been protesting following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee on Floyd’s neck even after he pleaded for air.
Eintracht’s usual sponsor, job website Indeed, offered the space for the hashtag to appear alongside its own logo for the match in Munich.
- Saurabh Tiwary to retire from professional cricket after Jharkhand’s final Ranji Trophy match
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals qualification scenarios: Which eight teams can qualify for knockouts?
- Guardiola hails Haaland’s ‘special mentality’ to seek out goals
- Messi has ‘invitation’ to play for Argentina at Olympics: Mascherano
- Under-fire Bayern turns focus to Lazio after Leverkusen humbling