Brighton & Hove Albion has signed defender Igor Julio from Serie A side Fiorentina on a four-year contract, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
It did not disclose the transfer fee but British media said that Brighton would pay Fiorentina 17 million euros ($18.80 million) for the 25-year-old. Igor first joined Fiorentina on loan with obligation to buy from Italian club SPAL in January 2020, and signed a permanent deal in May 2021.
The Brazilian made nearly 110 appearances for Fiorentina in all competitions. He was one of the team’s key players in the 2022-23 campaign, helping Fiorentina reach the Europa Conference League final and the Italian Cup final, both of which it lost to West Ham United and Inter Milan, respectively.
Igor made a switch to Europe from Brazil in 2016, signing with Austrian second-tier side Liefering, before spells with Salzburg and loans at Wolfsberger and Austria Wien.
- Hardik Pandya ruled out of World Cup 2023, Prasidh Krishna named replacement in India squad
- SMAT Live Score Semifinal 1: Punjab opts to bowl vs Delhi, Live Updates
- NZ vs PAK Live Score, World Cup 2023: Conway, Rachin take NZ past 50; New Zealand 56/0 (8)
- F1 teams mull changes to make sprint weekends ‘simpler’
- Formula One: Wolff supports Guardiola, investing in Manchester United not compatible