Bobby Reid and Alex Smithies have signed for Premier League new boys Cardiff City for undisclosed fees. The pair have each signed contracts until 2022. Reid joins from Bristol City, where he scored 19 goals and provided seven assists in the Championship last season.
He was involved in Bristol's brilliant run in the EFL Cup as it knocked out a number of Premier League clubs, including Manchester United, to reach the semifinals. The forward is now looking forward to his new challenge as Cardiff prepare to try to preserve its top-flight status.
Speaking to Cardiff's official website, he said: "I'm delighted to be here and to be a Premier League player. I want to show my high energy and work rate, as well as being creative and working for the team. I'm buzzing to get started."
Smithies arrives from QPR, where he made 109 appearances and was awarded the Players' Player of the Season award in 2016-17.
Before that, he played for Huddersfield Town, where he earned promotion to the Championship and scored the winning penalty in the League One playoff final shootout against Sheffield United. It follows the signings of Josh Murphy from Norwich City and Greg Cunningham from Preston North End.
- IND vs ENG Live Score, 4th Test: India looks for 3-1 lead, England eyes comeback; Predicted lineups, streaming info
- WPL 2024: Fatima Jaffer, the fascinating story of a rare ambidextrous bowler
- WPL 2024: Defending champion Mumbai Indians clashes against Delhi Capitals in tournament opener
- Qatar Open: Czech teenager Mensik stuns top seed Rublev to reach maiden ATP semifinal
- PVL 2024: Ahmedabad Defenders and Chennai Blitz continue winning form with consecutive victories