Arsenal have agreed personal terms with Germany international Shkodran Mustafi, the defender's agent has said.
The 24-year-old has been linked with the Gunners for a number of weeks and speculation over a move has intensified following the ankle injury suffered by centre-back Gabriel in the International Champions Cup win over Manchester City.
The player's representative, Ali Bulut, says Mustafi has agreed a deal with Arsene Wenger's side and that the club must now settle on a transfer fee with Valencia.
"Shkodran and Arsenal have an agreement," he told Spox. "Now the teams just need to agree on a transfer fee."
Mustafi, a World Cup-winner with Germany in 2014, has established himself as a key component of Valencia's first team since joining from Sampdoria two years ago.
Arsenal begin their Premier League campaign against Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday amid a minor injury crisis, with Gabriel and Per Mertesacker both sidelined and Laurent Koscielny not expected to be fit.
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- NBA: Clippers unveil new uniforms, logo for next season
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director