Mauricio Pochettino said "you will always be in our hearts" as the former Tottenham manager left an emotional goodbye message to the Spurs squad.
Pochettino was sacked and replaced by Jose Mourinho on Wednesday, despite leading Tottenham to a shock Champions League final last season.
Tottenham pulled the pin on Pochettino's five-and-a-half-year tenure with the club languishing 14th in the Premier League.
Pochettino's assistant Jesus Perez used Twitter to share the Argentinean's heartfelt goodbye on a tactics board, having been unable to say goodbye personally.
"Big thanks to you all," Pochettino wrote in a picture posted on Thursday.
"We can't say goodbye… you will always be in our hearts."
Pochettino's future has dominated headlines since his Tottenham departure.
The 47-year-old has been linked to Bundesliga champion Bayern Munich as well as Manchester United, which is reportedly keen on Pochettino before turning to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain have also been touted as potential destinations for Pochettino.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 254/3; Labuschagne, Carey at the crease
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika trail in Mixed Doubles R-32
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals