Paul Pogba and David de Gea missed training on Wednesday ahead of Manchester United's trip to Partizan Belgrade in the Europa League.
Pogba has not played since September 30 due to a toe injury but there had been suggestions he could be fit for the clash in Serbia.
De Gea starred in United's 1-1 Premier League draw with leaders Liverpool on Sunday but failed to appear for the open section of training at Carrington.
Luke Shaw, Nemanja Matic, Diogo Dalot and Axel Tuanzebe were also absent but there was some better news for boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Jesse Lingard making an appearance following a spell on the sidelines due to a hamstring problem.
United lie second in Group L, level on points with Partizan, after a win over Astana and a draw with AZ Alkmaar.
- Italy beats Australia, reclaims Davis Cup title after 47 years
- IPL 2024: Hardik Pandya’s likely transfer to Mumbai Indians continues to be talking point hours after retention deadline
- Ducati’s Bagnaia wins Valencia GP to defend MotoGP title, Jorge Martin crashes
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Hamilton concerned by Red Bull’s enduring advantage
- Women’s Super League: Lauren James steers Chelsea to win over Leicester, Arsenal beats West Ham