West Ham United defender Fabian Balbuena has had his red card successfully overturned following a successful claim of wrongful dismissal in Saturday's 1-0 loss to Chelsea in the Premier League, England's Football Association (FA) said on Tuesday.
Balbuena caught Chelsea's Ben Chilwell on the leg with his follow-through after a clearance and referee Chris Kavanagh sent him off following a VAR check, which West Ham manager David Moyes described as a "rank, rotten decision".
With the three-match suspension for serious foul play removed, Balbuena will be eligible to play West Ham's next match against Burnley on Monday.
West Ham is fifth in the standings, three points behind Chelsea and the final Champions League spot with five games left in the season.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m