France swept into the last 16 after a Kylian Mbappe double sealed a 2-1 victory over Denmark on Saturday.
The French became the first defending champions to reach the round of 16 at the World Cup since Brazil in 2006.
Meanwhile, Mitchell Duke celebrated scoring Australia’s winning goal by forming a “J” with his fingers in a tribute to his son Jaxson, who was in the stands.
Group D is topped by France, while Australia is second. Denmark and Tunisia are third and fourth on the ladder.
Group D standings:
- PAK vs SL LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Rain stops play after Pakistan loses five wickets
- Kane will be ‘an absolute success story’, says Bayern boss Tuchel
- Scotland Women withdraw legal claim against Scottish FA over pay
- Max Verstappen hits back at Mercedes team principal dismissing his Formula One record
- The doping conundrum: Deliberate deception or accidental actions?