Morocco keeper Yassine Bounou saved Carlos Soler and Sergio Busquets’ penalty against Spain in the Round of 16 shootout at the Education City Stadium and played a crucial role in guiding his team to the quarterfinals of the World Cup.
Bounou made two saves against Spain in regulation time on Tuesday and was a big reason why the match went to penalties.
Bounou has a save percentage of 26 when a shot is taken from the spot. The Moroccan goalkeeper has stood as custodian for 50 penalties, saving 13 efforts.
Standing 1.95m tall, Bounou has been playing with Sevilla since 2019-20. He has made 120 appearances for the club across competitions. Bounou has played for Spanish teams Atletico Madrid, Zaragoza and Girona as well.
Bounou has a last-minute goal to his name in the La Liga against Real Valladolid.
Bounou has played at the 2018 World Cup in Russia as well. The custodian had the choice of playing for Canada, his country of birth, but decided to play for the African side.
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- IND vs AUS 3rd T20I Dream11 Prediction: India vs Australia predicted playing XI, line-ups, full squads
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: India, Qatar, Saudi Arabia lead ticket sales after release of second batch
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS Live Streaming Info, 3rd T20I: When and where to watch India vs Australia T20 series live?