Argentina manager Lionel Scaloni announced the 26-member squad for the FIFA World Cup on Friday.
The Copa America champion was bolstered by the addition of forwards Angel Di Maria and Paulo Dybala to the contingent. The participation of the two was under cloud to due injuries and their inclusion will be a huge boost to the Lionel Messi-led team.
Leandro Parades and Rodrigo De Paul were the midfield names that made it to the final squad, while Giovani Lo Celso had to miss due to a hamstring injury.
Among the defenders, the regular starters Lisandro Martinez and Nicolas Otamendi lead the stead.
Argentina has been slotted in Group C along with Mexico, Poland and Saudi Arabia. The Albiceleste start their World Cup campaign against Saudi Arabia on November 22.
Latest on Sportstar
- Alcaraz beats Tsitsipas, sets up French Open semifinal clash with Djokovic
- French Open 2023 HIGHLIGHTS: Alcaraz, Djokovic set up semifinal clash
- WTC Final 2023: Broad hopes Pujara and Kohli make Australia toil ahead of the Ashes
- Euro-leagues round-up: The endgame heroes
- Champions League: Kyle Walker misses training session due to back problem