Indian senior men’s football team head coach Igor Stimac has narrowed his squad down to 27 players after two days of rigorous medical tests at the Blue Tigers’ camp in Bhubaneswar.
The Indian team is currently preparing for the upcoming Hero Intercontinental Cup (June 9 to 18) and the SAFF Championship (June 21 to July 4).
The Blue Tigers camp in Bhubaneswar, where the Hero Intercontinental Cup is set to be held, began on May 16 with 40 players, but after rounds of medical and physical tests, the final list of players for the Hero Intercontinental Cup and the SAFF Championship has been narrowed down to 27 players.
Out of the released players, Vishal Kaith, Manvir Singh, Yasir Mohammad, Glan Martins, and Roshan Singh have been left out due to injuries.
India will continue its camp in Bhubaneswar ahead of the Hero Intercontinental Cup and after the completion of the tournament, it will shift base to Bengaluru for the SAFF Championship.
India’s 27-member squad:
Goalkeepers: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Amrinder Singh and Phurba Lachenpa Tempa.
Defenders: Subhasish Bose, Pritam Kotal, Sandesh Jhingan, Anwar Ali, Akash Mishra, Mehtab Singh and Rahul Bheke.
Midfielders: Liston Colaco, Ashique Kuruniyan, Suresh Singh Wangjam, Rohit Kumar, Udanta Singh, Anirudh Thapa, Naorem Mahesh Singh, Nikhil Poojary, Jeakson Singh, Sahal Abdul Samad, Lalengmawia Ralte, Lallianzuala Chhangte, Rowllin Borges and Nandha Kumar.
Forwards: Sunil Chhetri, Rahim Ali and Ishan Pandita.
Head coach: Igor Stimac.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 3: Australia 12/1 (7 overs); Labuschagne joins Khawaja after Siraj gets Warner
- Captain Maatouk stars as Lebanon beats Vanuatu 3-1 in Intercontinental Cup opener
- Champions League final tactical preview: Analysing Inter and Manchester City
- India vs Mongolia LIVE updates; Intercontinental Cup: Chhetri starts for Blue Tigers, Lineups; Streaming info; Kick-off at 7:30 PM IST
- Big-ticket tennis all set to leave India