The Indian football team remained static at 101st place in the FIFA rankings issued on Friday.
India had finished third in the King’s Cup in Thailand, which the organisers had said was a FIFA-sanctioned tournament.
Igor Stimac’s men had lost to higher-ranked Curacao 1-3 before beating host Thailand 1-0, but these results did not make any difference to India’s rankings.
India’s ranking points remained the same — 1219 — as that of the previous list, issued on April 4.
The Indian team is at 18th spot among the Asian countries led by Iran (20th). Japan (28), Korea (37), Australia (43) and Qatar (55) form the top five in Asia.
Portugal climbs two places
Nations League champion Portugal is up two places to No. 5 in the rankings which are still led by Belgium.
World champion France in second, Copa America host Brazil, and England complete an unchanged top four in the standings.
World Cup runner-up Croatia falls one spot to No. 6 and Spain rises two to No. 7. Germany is up two to No. 11, tied with Argentina.
Italy rises three places to No. 14, tied with the Netherlands which lost the Nations League final on Sunday.
Mexico is No. 18 ahead of the Gold Cup kicking off Saturday. The United States drops six to No. 30.
Iran rises one to make a rare appearance for an Asian team in the top 20. The 2022 World Cup host Qatar is unchanged at No. 55.
The Asian Football Confederation uses these rankings for draw seedings in the next round of World Cup qualifying groups. The draw for five-team groups is made next month in Doha. Iraq heads the eight top-seeded teams in Pot 1 completed by No. 73 China.
No. 22 Senegal is Africa's best ahead of the African Cup of Nations kicking off June 21.
FIFA publishes the next rankings on July 25 after the continental championships in South and North America, and Africa.
( With inputs from AP )
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Warner attack in PowerPlay after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Moves on 5th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates: Esha bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold, Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; India 5th with 22 medals
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah into deciding game
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold