India U-15 boys advanced to the semifinals of the SAFF U-15 Championship in Kathmandu, where they blanked Bhutan 4-0 in their last Group match played at the ANFA Complex in Kathmandu on Monday.
For India, Shubho Paul scored a brace while Subba Kushang and Xalxo Aman scored a goal apiece.
The Indians were off to the perfect start as the first goal came as early as the 4th minute, when Shubho converted from the spot – placing it to the right of the rival Goalkeeper Gyeltshen Dorji.
India didn't add to Paul's fourth-minute penalty in the first half, but came out firing in the second.
Individual brilliance from Subba doubled India's lead in the 66th minute. Receiving a loose ball in his own half, Subba ran through Bhutan's defence, dribbled past three players and applied an unerring finish into the far corner.
The third goal came in the 83rd minute as Shubho completed his brace. It was a build-up which started in India’s half and after some casual exchanges, Shubho followed up a vicious long ball and slotted home.
Aman completed the rout in the 89th minute, when he tapped into an empty net after Bhutan's goalkeeper had misread a Harsh Patre free-kick.
Latest on Sportstar
- UFC 289 LIVE results, Nunes vs Aldana, Oliveira vs Dariush: Full fight cards, streaming update
- Ederson is Manchester City’s unlikely European hero
- Swiatek vs Muchova HIGHLIGHTS, French Open 2023 women’s final: Iga wins 6-2, 5-7, 6-4; defends title
- Swiatek wins third French Open title, beats Muchova in a thriller
- French Open finalist Ruud hopes Grand Slam dreams gain lift-off