India national team played out a 1-1 draw against NorthEast United in a friendly match on Wednesday at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati. The match was held to prepare the Blue Tigers ahead of its FIFA World Cup qualifier against Bangladesh next week.
Captain Sunil Chhetri drew the first blood in the 34th minute, but NorthEast United equalised ten minutes later through newly signed Ghanaian Asamoah Gyan.
In the second half, coach Igor Stimac made an overhaul of changes, bringing in 11 new faces.
Subhasish Bose, in the 70th minute, found the net through his header but the goal was ruled out by the referee. The match thus ended in a 1-1 draw.
India, however, faced a blow as defender Sandesh Jhingan limped off around the 10th minute mark after he went down holding his ankle.
The team will now fly to Kolkata to face Bangladesh at the Salt Lake stadium on October 15, Tuesday.
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant looks to avenge AFC Cup loss against Odisha FC
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info