The end of the nomination process for the election of the new executive committee of the All India Football federation will see a fight for three important posts of office bearers – the president, the vice-president and the treasurer.
All the three posts will have a two-way contest with the former India captain Bhaichung Bhutia contesting against his former India team colleague Kalyan Chaubey.
The vice president’s post will have a contest between N.A. Harris of Karnataka and Manvendra Singh of Rajasthan. Kipa Ajay of Arunachal Pradesh is up against Gopalakrishna Kosaraju of Andhra Pradesh in the fight for the Treasurer’s post.
The executive committee of 14 members have all been elected unopposed, according to the list of nominations filed on the final day on Saturday.
List of nominated candidates
Ahead of the elections, here’s a look back at what Bhaichung Bhutia said about India’s top football league - the Indian Super League and some of the issues facing Indian Football, at the 2022 Sportstar Aces Awards
Latest on Sportstar
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao