Indian national footbal team coach Stephen Constantine has been offered a one-year extension by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) keeping in mind preparations for the 2019 Asian Cup.
Constantine has been offered a contract until February 2018. The 54-year-old Englishman was given the offer by the AIFF in a meeting held at the AIFF House here yesterday.
According to sources, AIFF general secretary Kushal Das met Constantine to discuss the terms and conditions.
Sources said Constantine’s contract will be performance-based and his performance with the national team will be reviewed after every six months and the Englishman is expected to sign the extension contract later this week.
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave