National Under-19 football head coach Shuvendu Panda on Friday announced a 23-member Indian squad for the SAFF U-19 Championship, to commence in Kathmandu on September 21.
The squad flew to Saudi Arabia for an exposure-cum-training camp early on Friday from where they will travel to the Nepal capital on September 19.
India has been drawn in Group B along with Bhutan and Bangladesh, while Group A comprises the host, Maldives and Pakistan.
After a single round-robin group stage, the top two teams from both groups will move into the semifinals. The final will be played on September 30.
Last year, India hosted the event in the Under-20 category and emerged champion, trumping Bangladesh 5-2.
The only other time the tournament was held in the U-19 category was in 2015 in Nepal, where the hosts defeated India on penalties after regulation time ended in a 1-1 stalemate.
India squad for SAFF U-19 Championships
Goalkeepers: Lionel Daryl Rymmei, Divyaj Dhaval Thakkar and Manjot Singh Parmar.
Defenders: Thomas Kanamoottil Cherian, Jahangir Ahmad Shagoo, Vijay Marandi, A Siba Prasad, Manabir Basumatary, Surajkumar Singh Ngangbam and Ricky Meetei.
Midfielders: Manglentheng Kipgen, Ishaan Shishodia, Arjun Singh Oinam, Yash Chikro, Ebindas Yesudasan, Raja Harijan and Thumsol Tongsin.
Forwards: Gwgwmsar Goyary, Sahil Khurshid, Linky Meitei Chabungbam, Kelvin Singh Taorem, Naoba Meitei and Dinesh Singh Soubam.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 109/3, leads by 155 runs; Crawley hits fifty
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra rebuild after Warrier strikes; Mulani picks two in two vs Baroda
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon
- WPL 2024: UP Warriorz mentor Lisa Sthalekar impressed with team’s fielding after narrow defeat to RCB
- Irfan Pathan lauds Akash Deep for a memorable debut, terms Yashasvi Jaiswal as ‘‘special’‘