Inter Miami will take on Atlanta in the Leagues Cup group stage at the DRV PNK stadium in Florida on Wednesday.
Coming on the back of a narrow 2-1 win against Cruz Azul, courtesy of a late free-kick goal from its newest recruit Lionel Messi, Inter Miami will look to maintain the momentum and try to stay at the top of group J.
Inter coach Tata Martino confirmed that Messi will lead the side going forward. The club’s previous captain was Brazilian midfielder Gregore, who is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines due to a foot injury.
- Haaland’s 25th goal helps keep Norway in Euro 2024 hunt
- Bellingham revels in free role for England
- Southgate criticises ‘ridiculous’ treatment of England defender Maguire
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Ekana Stadium — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention
- David Willey ready to do ‘donkey’ work to avoid more World Cup heartbreak