The kick-off of the FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifier clash between Brazil and Argentina at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro on Wednesday has been delayed after fans of both nations engaged in a fight.
Lionel Messi, along with his Argentinian team, had to be escorted back into the dressing room safely until local police authorities took control of the situation.
After 25 minutes of long stoppage, the Argentina team walked back into the pitch.
- Serie A roundup: Osimhen scores a hat-trick as struggling champion Napoli routs Sassuolo 6-1
- Beijing to host 2027 World Athletics Championships
- FA Cup quarterfinal draw: Man United hosts Liverpool, while Man City faces Newcastle
- FA Cup roundup: Man United and Chelsea grab late winners; Youngsters deliver again for Liverpool
- Ronaldo suspended for one match for obscene gesture in Saudi league game