Dimitri Payet has replaced the injured Nabil Fekir in France's squad for its friendly against Iceland and Nations League tie with Germany.
Fekir was substituted just seven minutes into Lyon's 5-0 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday after injuring his left ankle.
Payet has been in fine form for Marseille this season – scoring four goals in nine Ligue 1 appearances – and last played for his country in October 2017.
READ: Ryan out of Socceroos' Kuwait clash
The former West Ham playmaker was not selected for Les Bleus' triumphant World Cup campaign after he was injured in Marseille's Europa League final loss to Atletico Madrid.
Didier Deschamps has recalled Mamadou Sakho, Kurt Zouma and Lucas Digne for October's double-header. Deschamps, winner of FIFA's Best Men's Coach award, also handed a first call-up to Fekir's Lyon team-mate Tanguy Ndombele.
Latest on Sportstar
- Nadal turns 37, away from French Open den
- FA Cup Final, Manchester United vs Manchester City Live updates: Bruno equalises after Gundogan’s early goal
- F1 drivers split over possibility that Madrid could grab Spanish GP from Barcelona
- UWCL final LIVE score, Barcelona vs Wolfsburg updates: Pajor early goal keeps WOB in lead
- PSG vs Clermont Foot, Ligue 1 streaming info: When, where to watch Messi’s, Ramos’ last game for Paris; Predicted XI; Team news