Mohamed Salah scored a spectacular goal as Egypt overcame Swaziland on Friday, but he limped off before the final whistle with an apparent thigh injury.
The former Roma man hit 44 goals in his debut season on Merseyside but has struggled to replicate that form this term, mustering only three goals in 11 matches for his club in 2018-19.
However, he netted a stunner in Friday's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier, scoring direct from a corner that caught the goalkeeper off his line to round off a four-goal first half for Egypt.
The match ended 4-1 after Sibonginkhosi Gamedze scored from close to the halfway line, but Salah was forced off and was seen receiving treatment on his left leg in the dugout.
Egypt is now top of Group J, though second-place Tunisia has a game in hand.
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 26 - LIVE - India remains 6th after Neha Thakur wins first medal in sailing; Divyansh-Ramita misses bronze in 10m air rifle mixed team
- Asian Games 2023, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Sailor Neha Thakur wins silver, boxer Sachin reaches round of 16, judoka Tulika Maan to fight for bronze
- India squash squad for Asian Games 2023: Full teams for men and women
- Asian Games 2023: Full squash schedule, dates, time, venues
- David Miller holds record he would prefer not to have