Luis Enrique says that the media will not be able to guess his Spain team to face England in the Nations League. Spain has maximum points after two matches in League A Group 4, with the Three Lions visiting Seville on Monday.
Paco Alcacer scored twice on his first international appearance since 2016 as Spain warmed up for England by winning a friendly 4-1 away to Wales on Thursday.
Sergio Busquets, Marcos Alonso, Thiago Alcantara and Marco Asensio were among the unused players in Cardiff, prompting speculation they may be involved against Gareth Southgate's men.
Luis Enrique, though, was unwilling to offer any clues as to the team he may select at the Estadio Benito Villamarin. "Yes, those who haven't played can give some clues," Luis Enrique told a news conference.
"But, as you are very bad you are not going to guess more than four or five. You have to take into account that we have an official game in three days."
Wins in all three of his games in charge of Spain have given the former Barcelona coach a flying start to his time leading La Roja.
"I didn't imagine it like this. I said amazing things about the first call-up and I don't think that's going to change. It's an exemplary group," Luis Enrique said.
"Every time, it's going to make the list even harder, and I love that. Right now, there is a larger group who can be in the national team, and those of today were at a high level."
Alcacer has hit nine goals in five appearances for club and country having hit top form in a loan spell at Borussia Dortmund.
The striker pressed his claims to face England with a first-half brace against Wales, thriving in a front three alongside Suso and Alvaro Morata.
"Confidence is something basic for every player, but especially for forwards. I'm happy with the work of the three of them, although the one who is grabbing the attention is Paco," the Spain coach said.
"Our objective is to play from the first to the 95th minute in the same way. The fact we didn't give away possession shows what we're working on."
"The players found themselves comfortable with the ball, and I love that. I hope that carries on happening, regardless of the result."
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Bumrah strikes twice in Australia’s pursuit to 380-plus score
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Sathiyan, Manika qualify for R-16; Sreeja, Harmeet in action
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals