Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer and midfielder Leon Goretzka will miss their Nations League matches against Hungary and England in the coming days after testing positive for COVID-19, the team said on Wednesday.
Both players would be leaving the team hotel later in the day, team spokesperson Franziska Wuelle told a news conference.
Hoffenheim keeper Oliver Baumann had been called up to replace Neuer while there would be more call-ups later on Wednesday, the German Football Association (DFB) said.
The Germans play Hungary on Friday before travelling to England on September 26 as they fine-tune the team ahead of the World Cup in Qatar starting in November.
- ICC World Cup 2023: Rohit re-invents his ‘hitman’ reputation, leading India to the final
- SA vs AUS Live Score, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: South Africa 71/4 (23); Miller, Klaasen rebuild after rain break in Kolkata
- ‘I am disappointed to not get across the line,’ says Daryl Mitchell after New Zealand crashes out of ODI World Cup 2023
- World Cup 2023 semifinal: Australia floors South Africa top order with Test match bowling and impressive ground fielding
- Japan Masters 2023: Prannoy exits after second round defeat, Indian challenge ends