Delhi Dynamos FC has retained midfielder Marcos Tebar for the upcoming season of the Indian Super League.
The Spaniard, who donned the captain’s armband in the later half of the season, will wear the Dynamos’ jersey for the third time, after having spent a season with FC Pune City in between.
Known for his pin-point passing accuracy, Marcos was an integral part of Head Coach Josep Gombau’s gameplay. In his 13 appearances last season, he scored one goal while he has two assists to his name.
A product of the Real Madrid academy, Marcos played for the Spanish giant at different levels before making a move to Rayo Vallecano and Girona. He joined the Indian Super League in 2016 when he signed up for Delhi Dynamos, but moved to FC Pune City in the following season.
Gaffer Josep Gombau was elated to have him back in the team. “As a coach, I am very happy to have Marcos Tebar in the team. He is a very important figure both on and off the pitch. He is crucial to us for the upcoming season and I wish him all the luck,” he said.
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season