Indian Super League (ISL) champion ATK Mohun Bagan (ATKMB)will be rechristened as Mohun Bagan Super Giants from the next season onwards.
Club owner Sanjeev Goenka made the announcement after the final. “We were waiting on the cards. We were waiting for the [ISL final] win to announce it,” said Goenka.
ATK Mohun Bagan won its maiden ISL title after beating Bengaluru FC on penalties on Saturday.
Mohun Bagan entered the ISL as ATK Mohun Bagan after a merger with ATK in the 2020-21 season but faced severe backlash from the Mariners fans who opposed the prefix of ATK.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Chanderpaul, Blackwood rebuild after Ashwin takes two
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present