Former Indian Super League champion ATK has signed Australian striker David Williams, who last played in the A-League with Wellington Phoenix.
The 31-year-old is set to reunite with former Wellington Phoenix player Roy Krishna, a Fiji national team captain and A-League 2018-19 Golden Boot winner, next season.
“His pace and technique will be valuable to us. He also brings variety to the squad since he can play on either side of the wings as well. His understanding with teammate Roy Krishna will be crucial for us,” head coach Antonio Lopez Habas said.
Williams and Krishna shared 30 goals between them in the A-League last season with the former scoring 11 times in 27 matches.
“I am absolutely delighted that I will be able to play alongside my friend Roy Krishna. Hopefully, together as a team, we will be able to win the title and create memories,” Williams said.
Williams made his debut for Queensland Roar and went onto play for several A-League clubs, including North Queensland Fury, Sydney FC, Melbourne City and Wellington Phoenix.
Williams has also represented his country at the U-20 FIFA World Youth Championship.
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- NBA: Clippers unveil new uniforms, logo for next season
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director