Hyderabad FC's Joel Chianese and Lluis Sastre suffered injuries in the Indian Super League (ISL) match against Bengaluru FC at the Fatorda Stadium in Margao on Saturday.
The Australian Chianese, who was making his ISL debut, rolled over his ankle while challenging for possession during the half hour mark of the game and had to be helped off the field. He was replaced by Mohammed Yasir.
Chianese was spotted on the sidelines with his ankle wrapped in an ice pack. The 30-year-old signed from A-League side Perth Glory after helping the side to reach the semifinals in the recently-concluded play-offs of the 2019-20 season.
Before the end of the first half, Hyderabad suffered another blow when midfielder Sastre pulled his hamstring and had to be stretchered away. Hitesh Sharma came on in his place.
"Joel had a kick and has a swelling. Sastre had a muscle problem. I think the injury of Lluis is longer than Joel," HFC head coach Manuel Roca said after the game.
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem LIVE score Saudi Pro League: NAS 1-0 HAZ; Ronaldo suspended, Nassr ahead at halftime after Talisca goal
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29