Ahmed Jahouh's Mumbai City FC debut ended on a sour note as the midfielder picked up the first red card of the Indian Super League (ISL 2020-21) season in Saturday's game against NorthEast United.
FOLLOW LIVE -
Jahouh will now miss Mumbai City FC's upcoming game against his former team, FC Goa.
The incident occurred in the 42nd minute when Jahouh lunged into a two-footed tackle on NorthEast United FC's Khassa Camara. The referee, R. Venkatesh, showed no mercy to the Morroccan and sent him off.
The two teams went into the half-time interval with the scoreline unchanged at 0-0. Mumbai City FC, reduced to 10 men, looked sharp in the opening half but struggled to convert its chances. Interestingly, neither team has managed a shot on target yet.
The Islanders enjoyed a greater share of possession, but struggled to covert their chances and were also forced to make an early substitution as Raynier Fernandes had to be taken off for Farukh Chaudhary.
Latest on Sportstar
- Antima Pal wins bronze in 5,000m event at Asian U20 Athletics Championship
- Hyderabad could host World professional snooker ranking event in August, says RB Ganesh
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India ready for Malaysia challenge
- Swiatek no fan of ‘Iga’s Bakery’ memes after serving up another double bagel
- An Se Young defeats He Bingjiao in straight games, claims Thailand Open title