FIFA said it gave formal approval on Friday for Bayern Munich teenager Jamal Musiala to switch his national eligibility to Germany from England.
The 18-year-old midfielder can now be called up to the German national team, which begins 2022 Qatar World Cup qualifying games this month.
ALSO READ | India's remaining FIFA World Cup qualifiers to be held in Qatar
Musiala declared his wish last month to represent Germany, where he was born. He moved to England at age seven and played in Chelsea's youth academy.
He played for both Germany and England at the under-16 level and most recently played two under-21 games for England in November.
Musiala signed his first professional contract with Bayern this month on a five-year deal through 2026.
Latest on Sportstar
- Nuggets vs Heat Live Score, Game 4: Porter Jr starts for Denver, Herro out for Miami; Starting Lineups, NBA Finals updates
- NBA Finals: Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat, Game 3 Box Score
- Paris Diamond League: Murali Sreeshankar secures third place
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 4?
- Swiatek vs Muchova, French Open 2023 Women’s Final: Preview, Head-to-head record, streaming info