Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic said he would like to play with Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo as doubts remain over his future at Camp Nou.
Rakitic was heavily linked to Serie A duo Juventus and Inter before the transfer window closed, while Premier League giant Manchester United was also reportedly interested.
It came as Rakitic was reportedly offered to Ligue 1's Paris Saint-Germain as part of a deal to prise Neymar back to Camp Nou at the start of the season.
Rakitic continues to be linked with Italian champion Juve and when asked if he would like to play alongside five-time Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo, the 31-year-old told Bleacher Report Football: "Of course I would.
"He is also one of the greatest players in history.
"You enjoy watching him play and he's doing well at Juventus."
Rakitic is currently team-mates with Barca captain and six-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi and he said: "It's amazing to play with him - he's special. There have been great players in every era, but I'm sure he's been the best in the last 15 years.
"In my opinion, I think he's the best of all time. Being with him for six years has been incredible."
Rakitic previously vented his frustration with how head coach Ernesto Valverde and his staff were treated upon their sacking in January, admitting he considered leaving Barcelona.
"It's a part of football," Rakitic said. "You have to understand that and be ready [to potentially leave] in January.
"You have to be happy, you have to think about your family, and if I play for Barcelona I am happy."
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Moves on 5th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Kuldeep removes Marsh on 96; Labuschagne joins Smith at crease
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals